Thursday, January 7, 2010

one weak (a pun)

10 things I know of veganism 7 days in:
1. No matter how you cook a brussell sprout it will never taste like bacon.
2. One must read all labels. Animals are sneaky.
3. Albeit unhealthy oreos and diet coke are vegan.
4. Eating out at a restaurant is almost impossible; however, entertaining.
5. Even vegans argue if honey is vegan? Bees eat sugar and throw up with or without people?
6. I have lost 6lbs.
7. If no consequences: I would punch the closest of friends in the neck for a candy bar or a slice of cheese.
8. There is animal "product" in some toothpastes?
9. My shoes are not vegan but I bought them a long time ago.
10. A plant-based diet causes a significant amount of flatulence... which leads me to think that this could be the cause of global warming..?

24 days to go, I  look forward to doing something a little more fun next month. IDEAS!!?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should be a Baptist for a month. It would be absolutely entertaining for me. Go to sunday school, potlucks, men's prayer breakfast at 6am. I'm laughing just thinking about it.
I know it may be too much to ask, but you are doing the vegan thing, so it might not be.
Just a thought.

Jess

Unknown said...

I think you should be a vagabaptistatarian for 3 minutes.

Chrissy said...

I didn't know you were doing this project! I love it already. Oh, and the flatulence thing never gets any better. Unless you like farting. Then it's AWESOME!

Betsy said...

"10. A plant-based diet causes a significant amount of flatulence... which leads me to think that this could be the cause of global warming..?"

Also owning a hybrid vehicle. Haven't you seen the "smug" episode of South Park?