Saturday, January 2, 2010

not resolutions.

I did 2 weird things last year:
I avoided shopping at wal-mart for a year.
Also left town maybe 10 times all of those under a 100 miles.
This was kind of hard.

1. wal-mart.
December 2008 I stood in wal-mart with a sick feeling... walls of cheap plastic crap surrounding me, mouth breathers, screaming children, and the slow drone of thousand florescent bulbs killing me from the inside out. I decided to avoid it, if I needed a coat hanger at 3 a.m. it would just have to wait. I will skip all the self righteous wal-mart is the devil crap. I just thought it was a giant ugly beast and wanted it out of my life. I went back last week, me not going there really didn't slow things down.

2. homebody.
I don't know if the world is getting hotter. I don't know about polar bears. I could care less if the ice caps move to Tahiti. I just felt minimalism was what I needed and still need. So I decided no travel in 09, I missed peru, chicago, ireland and some other place that escapes me. I am a big clumsy human and I wanted to avoid making anything worse.

That leads me to here: a new decade a new year and a small art/life project.
This is me documenting it.