Wednesday, March 31, 2010

done. 102 miles.

Now that was anticlimactic.
I wouldn't recommend this one. I'm sure I have done irreparable damage to my feet and my longest run was only 6 miles but I ran 29 out of the 31 days. The everyday thing is the bad idea. I won't even go into the messed up metabolism, shin pain or hairless thighs. Don't ask, I am a hairy man.
I started a book Born to Run, it is fantastic. I will spare you my synopsis but it has made me want to keep running and to do it bare feet for 100 miles at a time and with vigor. Running is a primal, amazing thing and I think it's in our DNA. Those of you with knee pain or foot pain or just a case of the lazies - read this book.

Next month is still a mystery, I really need suggestions... it's tomorrow! 

 

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Congratulations! This is quite an accomplishment. I'm so glad you like Born to Run - I feel the exact same way about it.

For April... hm... what about a month without sarcasm? That might be a good challenge. ;)